Monday 31 August 2009

Freemans Close

The centre of attention I find myself once more and a situation certainly not of my own seeking or wanting. Nursing the lives of those around me with a stuttering care born out of a selfish desire for an easy life, where at least a small portion of it, I can sit, wonder, and revel, cry and laugh, in my own company, maybe sharing it with a musical hero, but ultimately my own company,my own thoughts, the warmth, the comfort I am mock building around me as if in the style of a mock cartoon cuckoo. All i seek is a let up from this summer madness that seen me settled in a corner house in a quiet village on the very outer rim of oxford. A chance to breathe and reflect, pause and thought, plan and action, composure, deep breath, start again only in winter clothes.
I find myself lost within marvel recently delighted by the choruses that remind me of a band I still love and a memory long ago, in a borderline like club, the bright lights and neon for the first time, the bite stuck and forever I am drawn to the neon, tacky and overcrowded that it is. Billy Talent sound very much like Ether should have been, both as an overstated and ambitious authour, are highly recommended, as is the corner house with conservatory in a village that absorbs your pain and provides flowers and good mornings. It has been a near three week stint working every day in a hell hole I proudly call mine and a five months that has stretched my patience and resolve every day to the limits and still all I can think about is that flower and Pippy. I do wonder, whether that symbol, was much more, or whether it was simply a kitten and with "house full signs" up at Battersea I think, and I do think too much that it is time to return for a forage around, a rustle and a stir. To see what lies dormant and what is still active and to find a new Pippy and perhaps the missing jigsaw piece to content and soothe when a winter batters and the winter will batter, the senses, the mind, control and motivation, the winter is always one of discontent but in all fairness perhaps at least winter will live up to its billing this year, spring stunted by snow, summer seemingly over by the start of June, autumn, well I can see that being consumed by Summer spreading itself a little more thinly, a warm October hopefully. It is a ramble. That makes sense to me, as its a vent. You are secret. Perhaps.......

No comments: