Tuesday 23 December 2008

Resin (12/12/08)

Rubbing resin into my eyes provides a mild enough irritation and distraction to vanquish the thoughts that were fighting to take over.

The warm glow of the tea is long gone and the birds are singing a lullaby as my eyes start to play tricks of dancing shadows and rainbow patterns. These are the images of a day where I have loved, lost, become and become lost, a day which always looked the same and behaved as it would and as it should but a day that seemed oblivious to the simple fact that I exist.

Sleep and a world other than this is long overdue but through fear - fear of sleep, fear of waking and fear of tomorrow somehow being right here, right now colder than I would like yet still warm seems somehow better than anything else i can imagine.

No comments: